Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 01:37 PM   #10508 (permalink)
kouki
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
This is exactly what they all say, the girls in my school. They just won't accept that good music is still around. They're convinced that the best stuff came out years and years ago and all music being made today is garbage. Granted, there is definitely a lot of great classic rock and I would be lying if I said I didn't love a lot of it. But nevertheless, that's way more annoying than people who like modern radio drivel, because it's a very ignorant way of thinking. I was talking to one of these girls at my school and she was going on and on about how she only listened to music from the 50s and 60s because everything afterwards was awful. I asked her if she had heard of Radiohead. She hadn't, and she wasn't willing to listen to them, despite my insistent pleas. I don't know, maybe you have heard all the music ever made in the past 15 years and you have come to the realization that it's all bad. Doesn't matter. I'll still have my Kid A and my Illinois and no classic rock nazi in the world can take that away from me.
I totally understand how thats annoying.