Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Introductions
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 12:54 PM   #10501 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5
Default

Only picture of myself that I have on this computer, and it's in a public bathroom at a pub while I was in England. I was drunk. :/
Attached Thumbnails
Member Picture Gallery-ugh.jpg  
KyleSingsToYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:56 PM   #10502 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
storymilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
ugh, another attractive female classic rock bore. There are enough at my school already, this is just too much!
Classic rock is better than the shit that girls at my school listen to
storymilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:00 PM   #10503 (permalink)
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH
 
Antonio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Are you a cop?
Posts: 3,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
wow, the similarity is uncanny
__________________
Been making some new music lately, check it out

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:01 PM   #10504 (permalink)
Groupie
 
SaphiaGlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: London.
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by storymilo View Post
Classic rock is better than the shit that girls at my school listen to
I have to agree. It does get tedious when I'm being plagued with the latest Neyo song or whatever it is they listen to.
__________________
Duff Mckagan <3
Jeff Rouse <3
Steven Tyler <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutekittenRocker View Post
My vote: Music

Music turns you on and you can turn on the music by just pressing a button
SaphiaGlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:02 PM   #10505 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
storymilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaphiaGlam View Post
I have to agree. It does get tedious when I'm being plagued with the latest Neyo song or whatever it is they listen to.
There are honestly no girls at my school who I have even a small similarity with in musical taste. But it is a small school so at least it's not like there are hundreds of them or whatever.
storymilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:18 PM   #10506 (permalink)
Groupie
 
SaphiaGlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: London.
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by storymilo View Post
There are honestly no girls at my school who I have even a small similarity with in musical taste. But it is a small school so at least it's not like there are hundreds of them or whatever.
I'm basically considered abit of a freak cuz I don't OBSESSIVELY LISTEN TO CAPITAL FM or whatever. And I don't attach myself to MTV. Urgh. No-one, and I literally mean no-one is passionate about good ol' rock. The only genre I have in common with one of my friends is opera. Cuz we sing duets together, but that's about it tbh.
It's a sad sad time for music ='[
__________________
Duff Mckagan <3
Jeff Rouse <3
Steven Tyler <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutekittenRocker View Post
My vote: Music

Music turns you on and you can turn on the music by just pressing a button
SaphiaGlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:34 PM   #10507 (permalink)
/
 
Rickenbacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Conn
Posts: 1,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaphiaGlam View Post
It's a sad sad time for music ='[
This is exactly what they all say, the girls in my school. They just won't accept that good music is still around. They're convinced that the best stuff came out years and years ago and all music being made today is garbage. Granted, there is definitely a lot of great classic rock and I would be lying if I said I didn't love a lot of it. But nevertheless, that's way more annoying than people who like modern radio drivel, because it's a very ignorant way of thinking. I was talking to one of these girls at my school and she was going on and on about how she only listened to music from the 50s and 60s because everything afterwards was awful. I asked her if she had heard of Radiohead. She hadn't, and she wasn't willing to listen to them, despite my insistent pleas. I don't know, maybe you actually have heard all the music ever made in the past 15 years and you have come to the realization that it's all bad. Doesn't matter. I'll still have my Kid A and my Illinois and no classic rock nazi in the world can take that away from me.
Rickenbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:37 PM   #10508 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
kouki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Devils armpit (aka Phx,AZ)
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
This is exactly what they all say, the girls in my school. They just won't accept that good music is still around. They're convinced that the best stuff came out years and years ago and all music being made today is garbage. Granted, there is definitely a lot of great classic rock and I would be lying if I said I didn't love a lot of it. But nevertheless, that's way more annoying than people who like modern radio drivel, because it's a very ignorant way of thinking. I was talking to one of these girls at my school and she was going on and on about how she only listened to music from the 50s and 60s because everything afterwards was awful. I asked her if she had heard of Radiohead. She hadn't, and she wasn't willing to listen to them, despite my insistent pleas. I don't know, maybe you have heard all the music ever made in the past 15 years and you have come to the realization that it's all bad. Doesn't matter. I'll still have my Kid A and my Illinois and no classic rock nazi in the world can take that away from me.
I totally understand how thats annoying.
__________________
It jiggles when he wiggles-Fez
kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:15 PM   #10509 (permalink)
"Hermione-Lite"
 
Arya Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York.
Posts: 3,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSingsToYou View Post
Only picture of myself that I have on this computer, and it's in a public bathroom at a pub while I was in England. I was drunk. :/
Not bad. ^_^
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
I'm down with Jesus, in that case.


MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:01 PM   #10510 (permalink)
Groupie
 
SaphiaGlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: London.
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
This is exactly what they all say, the girls in my school. They just won't accept that good music is still around. They're convinced that the best stuff came out years and years ago and all music being made today is garbage. Granted, there is definitely a lot of great classic rock and I would be lying if I said I didn't love a lot of it. But nevertheless, that's way more annoying than people who like modern radio drivel, because it's a very ignorant way of thinking. I was talking to one of these girls at my school and she was going on and on about how she only listened to music from the 50s and 60s because everything afterwards was awful. I asked her if she had heard of Radiohead. She hadn't, and she wasn't willing to listen to them, despite my insistent pleas. I don't know, maybe you actually have heard all the music ever made in the past 15 years and you have come to the realization that it's all bad. Doesn't matter. I'll still have my Kid A and my Illinois and no classic rock nazi in the world can take that away from me.
I was being very close-minded when I made that comment, I admit that, but you have to understand that I am SURROUNDED by air-head girls who think getting highlights and manicures done and shopping ONLY at Abercrombie is the most important thing in their lives. And so it's very frustrating also that they think the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus are THA BEST.
So I'm basically driven further and further back into my hole where I believe classic rock is dying and it's up to me to liven it up by being as passionate as I can about it.
I can't express myself properly right now cuz my ma is like 'GET OFF THE COMPUTER' and standing around, but that's the gist of what I'm trying to say.
__________________
Duff Mckagan <3
Jeff Rouse <3
Steven Tyler <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutekittenRocker View Post
My vote: Music

Music turns you on and you can turn on the music by just pressing a button
SaphiaGlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.