Music Banter - View Single Post - I-Doser
Thread: I-Doser
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 05:35 PM   #64 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTown787 View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read (a while ago, so I don't remember entirely) that the way that this gets you high is that it just temporarily highers the chemicals in your brain that get you high through the sound. I don't know the technical terms for all this so I may sound like an idiot.
The benefits to this is that there aren't any long-term effects and you can't get addicted. There's tons of different doses.
Actually the way it works is by Brainwave entrainment. Regular 'drugs' alter the chemicals in your brain.

Basically the brain naturally operates at and emits certain frequencies or, as they can be classified "brainwaves". What these programs do is play signals at those frequencies, absent of other external stimuli the brain will often follow suit and begin operating at the same frequencies as the tone.

Here's a little chart I pulled from Wikipedia:

40 Hz : Gamma waves
Higher mental activity, including perception, problem solving, fear, and consciousness

13–40 Hz : Beta waves
Active, busy or anxious thinking and active concentration, arousal, cognition

7–13 Hz : Alpha waves
Relaxation (while awake), pre-sleep and pre-wake drowsiness

4–7 Hz : Theta waves
Dreams, deep meditation, REM sleep

<4 Hz : Delta waves
Deep dreamless sleep, loss of body awareness

Further reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beats

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainwave_synchronization

It's very interesting research but it's nothing new... these particular sound files were made specifically to mimic a certain narcotic, and aggressively marketed as such. Some of them will likely work better than others, but I believe with proper mental preperation, a bit of patience and training you'll be getting "high" in no time.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote