Music Banter - View Single Post - Sublimes new front man.
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 06:15 PM   #30 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Fucking hell, for real?! This is the first time I've heard of this, WTF?

I'm no Sublime fanboy but I like a good amount of their stuff and just can't believe they would "reunite" with some new guy. I don't care if this guy can sing, or whether he's a chump or not, although it's true he looks like a sissy and Brad's vibe was part of what Sublime was. I just think it's lame for them to bring back the name especially after Long Beach Dub All-Stars, as some of you have said.

Definitely smells like money. Otherwise why not just continue the side project or start something new altogether? It's all about name recognition. I also felt the same way about Alice in Chains, as mentioned, but since Jerry contributed a lot of the vocals in the past already, and still does on the new stuff, whatever. This is different.

And I'm not all up in arms about it, I'm more shocked to hear this than anything. Sublime in dead. And if Brad did have the right to the name, his band mates and supposed "friends" are assholes for trying to use it.