Music Banter - View Single Post - The BNP
Thread: The BNP
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 11:31 AM   #20 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

I completely disagree with whoever it was that said the BBC should not have allowed Nick Griffin the airtime, i think it's only right that he was allowed to be there and to voice his opinions.

I also recognise that this didn't really happen, which was disappointing. Maybe im giving people too much credit but i believe that if he had been given the freedom to say what he wanted to say and to present his policies and his beliefs without being blocked, interrupted, ridiculed and having what must have been a carefully selected panel and audience there solely to tear him to pieces that surely he would have been able to dig his own grave and ultimately expose the BNP for what they are to those who may not really understand or who are on the fence? He's not exactly the best public speaker, is he?

That line about Jack Straw's father being locked up for refusing to fight the nazi's while his was in the RAF was priceless. That was arguably the most laughably poor pissing contest i have ever seen and i fail to see its relevance. I didn't think grown men lowered themselves to the old "my dad could beat up your dad" shit you would hear in primary school, which is essentially what it was as far as im concerned.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote