Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 02:23 AM   #1158 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarko View Post
I always just felt 4 was wayyyy too easy compared to the other ones,
Maybe that's because your character dosen't control like he's hooked up to a grid?

Quote:
which of course added more atmosphere than **** jumping out at you in my opinion.
I'm playing normal mode, but I wouldn't call it easy, I still find myself running out of ammo quickly when I'm up against something serious, managing your intentory adds quite a strategic element to the game, sometimes I trade out a weapon only to find out that it would come to great use latter on.

I'ts not brutally hard, but, I can't think of many modern games that are.

You can argue that having more ammo and checkpoints makes it easier, but the obstacles have been increased and if a game like this had scarce checkpoints and gave you nothing but a handgun it would be absolutely sadistic, games these days have cinematics, so one great thing about them is that you dont see so many of the same cinematics repeat over and over and over.

In other words scarce checkpoints would totally ruin the flow of this game.

Quote:
Eventually it just becomes a big meh on the horror side of things.
Really? I find it to be genuinely scary, sure Leon is a badass and it might have added to the atmosphere better to play as someone like Jill, but hey, franchises have to evolve and if Capcom wanted to make the series more palatable for western gamers then I'm fine with that. While it does do away with a few of the survival horror elements, I don't think it conforms to being a generic action game either. It's a perfect blend of horror and action.

Still, I guess I can understand why survival horror purists might hate it.

Quote:
It shouldn't take you that long to finish, 20 hours if you take things at a leisurely pace.
Jesus, I missed out on a lot.

Since when was 20 hours "short"?.

I'm used to playing games where anything more than an hour is incredibly long. So I think that's quite a long time for me, I rarely ever try to beat a game like this in one setting. A 3 hour session is about as long as I ever get before wanting to turn the game off.

Seriously, who is gonna try and beat a game with 20 hours worth of gameplay in one day? I'm not that lame.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 11-28-2009 at 02:41 AM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote