Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official World Cup 2010 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 03:22 PM   #59 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Its because South America produces players like Messi almost non-stop, most don`t achieve Messi`s international fame because of bad transfers to the wrong clubs, not being able to adapt to the european game, injuries (watch Brazilian league football and you`ll see what I mean) or just transferring to inferior leagues for the money where they don`t develop any further, its almost a non stop gravy train. So if one highly talented Maradona style player falls by the wayside, there is always another one to replace him.

Whereas with Rooney, he`s a talent that comes around in northern european football once in a blue moon, England may well have to wait another decade or more to get another Rooney.
England have had Rooney, Gerrard & Lampard in the running for world & european player of the year in the past few seasons. Joe Cole is just as skilful as any Brazilian player and was by far & away England's best player at the last world cup. And a fully fit goal poacher like Michael Owen would walk into any international team.

This is exactly the kind of thing I mean when i say people look at south american teams with far too much reverence. Hell Diego Maradona's favourite player is warming benches at Manchester City right now.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote