Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official World Cup 2010 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 03:22 PM   #60 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Albiol, you're right. Still, he's no better than Upson and Madrid spent well over the odds on him. Great, Demichelis and Cris are first choice for the best teams in the French and German leagues. Both of which are piss poor outside of the top 1 or 2 clubs. They are no better than Upson in my opinion, who plays and is seen as one of the best of his position in arguably the best league in the world.

Anyway, this argument over one player is pointless. I cant see past Spain and Brazil winning it to be honest. I hope they do too, they play the best football and it'd be one hell of a final.
I certainly agree with you, about not arguing over Upson

The thing with the German and the French leagues is that they are decent leagues, but just don`t have the money to bring the players that the Premiership, La Liga or Serie A can (despite the fact that Serie A is nowhere near as strong as it was) With the exception of both Lyon and Bayern Munich, the differences between the rest of the teams are not so great. Also the French league is one of the great breeding grounds for footballers, as the amount of African players for example that play there is incredible, its the main shopping league for the English, Spanish and Italian clubs. Traditionally, the German league tends to bring in a lot of eastern european talent, which again attracts the big clubs in Europe.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote