Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Improvement Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 07:40 AM   #491 (permalink)
FETCHER.
Nae wains, Great Danes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
The previous Admin gregb was having non of it. Which was frustrating because he hardly visited the site and it took an age to get things done.
However, Yac visits here almost on a daily basis and is very responsive to suggestions etc and is willing to help out as much as possible, within reason.
Any larger issues and he refers the matter to Admin.
Generally speaking we don't need an Admin CP unless it's for controlling stuff that Yac is unable to do in the limited time he's logged on.
Also, there are areas of this site he never visits because of time restrictions and for dealing with issues like the one mentioned earlier and some I won't go into here, would be better dealt with by a more regular visitor.

I approached Yac about an Admin CP for the mods and his response wasn't negative. He agreed it would be of benefit. Ultimately it's up to Admin.
My long term plan was to have an Admin CP, not for myself, but to request that an alternative account be made and accessed by 2 or 3 long term and trusted moderators.

Nice one boo boo.

Probably through google searches. Every visitor here earns money for the site.
Other than that, I'm not sure.
You can tweak what privilages each user group has. I just checked what ones you can change, and it has this:

Users and Groups
Edit, register, remove and ban members. Set up member titles and ranks. Manage User Groups and moderated registrations

Pre-Register
Find/Edit/Suspend User
Delete User(s)
Manage Validating
Member Tools

I'm unsure if this is what moderators on here already have and what not. But those 5 options would be pretty useful for say, the 2/3 longest standing mods. I dunno if an application thing can be set up, but it the validating group could help with spam and the like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote