Music Banter - View Single Post - A Random Assortment of Favourites
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Akira
Dazed and confuzzled

Wishbone Ash - Wishbone Ash

Not the best from the boys, but their debut certainly hints at what was to come and showcases the bands fine musicianship. I seem to be the only one who likes the track 'Handy' though, I think it's a great track.

Carole King - Tapestry

Such a lovely album to listen to, King has crafted an album with such wonderful sentiment and emotion, yet still managing to keep things understated and restrained. Her beautiful songwriting is complimented by her wonderful voice.

James Carr - You Got My Mind Messed Up

Despite not gaining as much fame and recognition as Marvin Gaye, Sam Cooke or Otis Redding, James Carr has delivered a powerhouse of a soul album. Track after track is filled with his remarkable voice, and the songs are either fun to listen to or gut-wrenchingly sad. One of Soul's best albums. Period.

808 State - Ex:El

Just a great album that brings back good memories. A nice mix of techno and electronica et al, with some guest vocals from Bjork and Bernard Sumner. Although it sounds dated to an extent, it's more a window back to the late 80s/early 90s. Some good stuff form the Manchester lads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
I'd rather my face reek of women's body parts than of comic book ink and dirty NES cartridges.
Akira is offline   Reply With Quote