Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official "I've Just Reached a Significant Amount of Posts" Thread!
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post

I have finally reached 1,000 posts.

Since yesterday afternoon I was in a race with Kayleigh to see who would reach the 1,000 mark first. When we started, she was several posts ahead of me, but for the next couple of hours I posted endlessly until I was 13 posts ahead, she at 985 and I at 999. However, sometime during the night while I was asleep she caught up with me. When I signed on this morning Miss Kay was at 995 posts. But I was prepared. And now... I am the champion! (dramatic illustrations of this journey coming soon)

CHAMPION MIX:
Don't Stop Believing (Journey Cover) - The Glee Cast

CHAMPIONMIX.rar
WWWP, I like the fact that your Champion Mix includes the Glee Cast song...not so much because I like the song, but because I like "Glee." Heh heh...I just watched the last episode for the season yesterday.

I am curious, now that Kayleigh is aware of the competition between the two of you, who will get to 2000 posts first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeAndno View Post
Trying to appear eloquent in responses is only successful when grammar and spelling is applied.
When grammar and spelling *are* applied, they certainly help posts appear eloquent, but I feel that content and intent are more important, especially when posts are intended to be funny. For example, I feel WWWP's thread, "I've just reached a significant amount of posts," is amusing and her description of the race was quite eloquently suspenseful, even though technically post count should be described by a number and not an amount. I feel grammar errors are cute.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 12-10-2009 at 02:27 PM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote