Music Banter - View Single Post - Things that piss me off about guitars.
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
The only trouble I've had so far with my acoustic guitar and my electric guitar is with attaching the guitar straps so that they stay attached.

My cheap acoustic guitar came with just one guitar strap button (on the body). Is there a reason that the manufacturers don't automatically provide two guitar strap buttons? Do they expect people to tie one end of the guitar strap to the neck?

My cheap electric guitar came with standard buttons and so I knew (based on what I'd read in "Guitar Book for Dummies") that the guitar strap would probably come off easily, which was true. Therefore I ordered Schaller guitar strap locks and buttons, which I like very much Buy Schaller Guitar Strap Locks and Buttons (Pair) | Strap Locks | Musician's Friend. The only problem is that after several weeks, the screws started to get loose so that then the whole guitar strap lock could fall out of the guitar, defeating the purpose of the strap locks. For a temporary fix I just wrapped tape around the screws and screwed them in again, although I plan to purchase wider screws eventually because my tape quick-fix didn't work well.

So far I haven't run into other guitar problems, other than the acoustic guitar having high action, which I need to get lowered sometime because right now it really hurts to play it: it is painful to press the strings down hard enough to get them to contact the frets firmly so that the notes to sound out well. This is one of many reasons I prefer the electric guitar, which plays so much more lightly in comparison to my acoustic guitar.

Come on, Mr. Dave, how can you say this ^ isn't scintillating, exciting stuff?

i was sleeping

as for your first question. as wrong as it sounds, yes, some manufacturers do expect you to tie your guitar strap to the headstock. in fact, my acoustic is that way too, i prefer playing it sitting down though hehe.

personally i like this kind of strap (in black haha) Buy DiMarzio 2-Inch Nylon ClipLock Guitar Strap | Guitar & Bass Straps | Musician's Friend

whatever works though. GB's toothpick method also works really well, i usually added a bit of glue into the mix before forcing the screw into the hole to ensure a super tight bond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote