Music Banter - View Single Post - Do You Guys Agree With This?!
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 11:38 AM   #31 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent & Funky View Post
I'm surprised to not see either The Moon & Antarctica or Good News For People Who Love Bad News by Modest Mouse, a Raconteurs album, a Tool abum, or maybe even one of the albums recently released by such 80s/90s indie stalwarts as Sonic Youth, Dino Jr, or Built to Spill...
You're right about that. Since I'm not trying to come up with my own top 100 in this thread I only focused on what they had and whether I agreed or not. But since you mention it, it is quite shocking not to see Modest Mouse's The Moon & Antarctica (though Rolling Stone would have likely picked Good News or the awful We Were Dead over it), and Tool's Lateralus. I'd love to see some Built to Spill but don't expect it from Rolling Stone, same goes for the others you mentioned who I don't follow enough to have an opinion on. Actually, I don't listen to Raconteurs but it seems they made quite an impact and that Rolling Stones would like them.