Music Banter - View Single Post - That 70's Thread - Anteater's Reviews Of Cool **** You Should Already Have
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 08:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
music_phantom13
Music Addict

So I just listened to the Sindelfingen tracks, and I really need this album *wink, wink* This was amazing. Every time I thought oh, I see where they're going here, my idea was completely obliterated. All over the place, and absolutely genius from the songs you posted. A few times it kind of made me laugh (the short little distorted polka bit towards the end of the first video) and the rest of the time pretty much blew my mind, sucking me in more than a lot of what I hear. Excluding Yes, and perhaps Opeth if any of their later albums were prog, I haven't given much time to prog, and this could very well change that.

Don't like Rainbow all that much. But Colin Blunstone, on the other hand... despite the fact that it doesn't match my normal music preferences, I think I prefer One Year to Odessey and Oracle. I like psychedelic pop and the jazz undertones of the Zombies a lot, but this albums is just... beautiful, I guess. I don't know what else to call it. Though Pink Moon is better, I don't see Nick Drake needing to be jealous.

And you posted England while I was typing it... I remember again why I don't like a lot of prog. I just absolutely cannot get into bands like Gentle Giant or this. Though I will admit people that write off all prog as a "cheesy pretentious" genre are just being close minded idiots. There's bound to be something for everyone in just about every genre... Great thread, by the way. Good reviews so far keep em coming
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote