Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 08:58 AM   #4843 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post

I saw this again, this time in 3D. I love it, to be honest, and I know people had their sights set very low due to all the hype it was given, but I think it was fantastic and went beyond expectations. James Cameron is just awesome. I don't think Cameron has ever made a movie purely just for showcasing insane visual effects, and although I thought this would be the case with Avatar, it most definitely wasn't. Not only was it a deeply felt love story, but a commentary on human (and non-human) nature, spirituality, togetherness, and life.

And also, if you'll allow me to be girly for a brief moment, Sam Worthington is pretty fine!

So to conclude... pretty much after seeing this film I no longer want to be human nor do I want to live on Earth!
Just saw this one yesterday. My expectations weren't that high to be honest because, well .. fairies in space and a friend of mine who saw it thought it was garbage in a very nice wrapping.

The movie went well beyond my expectations though I've never seen anything quite like it, it is bloody gorgeous to behold. The action is great as well, full of suspense, exciting and entertaining. The story is a little clichè-y - it has stereotypical characters and feels a bit like a kind of space pocahontas. Still, even if it did use clichès, it did it right I felt - that's the way to do it. The sheer scale of production and the visuals means it can take a bit of cheese I think.

Not perfect, but still a brilliant film and I think I'm gonna have to take my girlfriend and watch the 3D version as well.