Music Banter - View Single Post - This I Believe There is / is not a God
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 05:42 PM   #427 (permalink)
Inuzuka Skysword
Existential Egoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
My aim was never to convert anybody, just simply to state my beliefs as the thread asks of us. No need for animosity. Do you have evidence that God doesn't exist?
I didn't say converting was the aim of this thread. When I meant that your aim was to convert people I didn't even mean to sound as though I am only talking about religion. If what you want out of a debate is simply two people arguing until someone admits they are wrong then I think you are missing out on what an informal debate is.

What I am saying is that an informal debate goes beyond the other person admitting they are wrong. Even if they never change their beliefs it is still worth doing if you feel you can learn something.

As for the question of whether I have evidence that God doesn't exist, I don't have to have evidence. The burden of proof is on those who claim there is a god.

I don't care so much about the argument about whether God exists or not. I care more about why someone should believe/not believe in its existence.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote