Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 04:35 AM   #1348 (permalink)
Zarko
Barely Disheveled Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Seems to me that there are severe double standards regarding the HOF. Many people who don't like certain bands have said no and that's all fine but when bands they like or admire get negativity it's a shit storm. Everyone should be entitled to their own choice regardless of what others think. quite a few said no to my rec: Pink Floyd without decent explanations. Didn't bother me. It's about a choice. Robert Johnson is possibly the most influential musician on modern music. Would he get in? Would he balls. Because within the MB listening criteria he isn't heard all that much and therefore not deemed worthy. it doesn't mean he isn't important. It's a reflection of MB and it's difference to other generic forums.

Although it would be extremely painstaking I think this should be restarted with stricter criteria
Same goes for someone like Laswell... Has been involved in music for yonks, has so many albums accredited to him somehow, was huge in the NY underground/avant garde scene and has pushed the careers of some huge modern day players. But not well known still. I mean some might remember his name here and there from a Buckethead or PiL thread but overall there is no chance of him getting through, simply because most don't listen to him. Not saying they will like him of course.

And in the end if I nominated him, I couldn't give a damn if he got in or not. T'would be nice, but in the end of the day, it ain't my choice alone.

Re:Jackhammer's post, I doubt this would be an issue Boo Boo if Yes had gotten in and Berry was likely to get in clearly (ie 21-7 ratio)