Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 04:39 PM   #4971 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
About forty minutes of Sherlock Holmes, then we walked out of the theater, which I can't honestly remember ever doing. It's not that I had high expectations from a Guy Ritchie film, but I at least expected to be entertained. It takes a particular talent to completely stifle the usually undeniable screen charisma of Jude Law and Downey jr., whose relationship, unlike what I had assumed it would be from the trailer - of a deep and long term friendship, seems more like a casual acquaintance. They have absolutely no chemistry together. And there's a painfully obvious lack of any humor in the film, which is pretty much the only thing that could have made this Snatch (or Lock, stock) 23 tolerable. Also, Downey's English accent is possibly the worst I've ever seen. I honestly would have preferred it had he spoken with his natural American accent, it would have been far less cringe-inducing, authenticity be damned.

In short, a shit film from a shit director who simply refuses to roll over and die already. Serves me right for spending time and money on this.
Lock Stock was brilliant, Snatch was good. That's about it, I'm yet to see this and I totally forgot that Downey JR is American. I can imagine how awful it must be, I'm like you - don't expect too much. Hopefully I won't be as disappointed as you when I get round to watching it.
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote