Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 10:05 PM   #4974 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
Brazil

wow.

what the hell do i say about this movie?

i definately enjoyed the surreality of it, especially in the daydream sequences. one of my favorite scenes was when Sam donned in his angel knight wear fought against the giant samurai, really a part that had me at the edge of my seat. visually fantasitc and how alot of the recurring themes were represented i loved.

something else i really liked was the use of music, and not just of the use of "Aquarela do Brasil"; alot of the other music was really strong and went with the tone of the movie greatly.

at first i had to question Sam Lowry's high strungedness and motives as some sort of mental issue, as some of the things he did "out of love" were very erratic and almost life threatening. it was like when he finally got a hold of Jill that something in him snapped and he just went off the deep end. i also had to question some of Jill's motivation to follow/stay with him in that with Sam's erratic behavior would've driven most other women away in fear.

in all i gotta say that this movie's....odd. definately something that keeps your attention, something beautifully done and greatly inspired, though many parts were just strange, not so much in a good or bad way but in an intriguing way that makes you want to analyze it all further.

favorite line: "Don't fight it son, confess...quickly! If you hold out too long you could jeapordize your credit ratng!"
Gilliam is one of the most underrated directors of the past 30 years. He's brilliant.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote