Music Banter - View Single Post - Chard's Songwriting Journal
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 11:39 AM   #251 (permalink)
t3hplatyz0rz
Music Addict

The first song is extremely generic, and doesn't seem to have much creativity. It's good to write pieces like this to kill writer's block, but this piece just isn't your best. I say that because your songs are ordered in order from worst to best, so far. 4ever Yours is rather generic as well. Crackled isn't the best songwriting I've ever seen, and it's a generic type of song, but it's definitely more creative and less generic than the previous ones. I especially like the last line, although I think that the second-to-last line needs to be revised. I think that Stoned is also based off of a very generic concept, although it is more creative than the last one. I think that Crackled was written better, as I'm not getting into the character in Stoned's head as much. I don't really know what drove him to it, and I think that that's not a good thing.

The second song starts with "Red is the color of passion..." and the last one ends with "...covered in my favorite color red". Coincidence? Probably. But even if it is, I would advise revising your songs to emphisize their similarities.
t3hplatyz0rz is offline   Reply With Quote