Music Banter - View Single Post - Scissorman's lyrics and music
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 07:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
t3hplatyz0rz
Music Addict

Okay, music is good enough. No question about that. Lyrics = OK, music = very good.
I really like your lead singer, and the fact that you use an acoustic guitar some of the time. It's correct to say that's it's not the best recording in the world, but even for a basic recording, it's better than what I normally do.
It can get a little repetitive at times, and the lead singer obviously hasn't practiced very much. But still. Great stuff.
I took the liberty of looking up some of your band's other stuff, and it's obvious you know what you're doing. In "Part of Me", I was having a lot of trouble understanding the lyrics, but somehow I think the music was more of the point. Very nice usage of the stringed instrument at the end. I thought that it was really cool.
Voices is you best song I've heard. You sound a lot like Nightwish, which is probably a bad thing because no two bands should have the same thing to say. On the other hand, you're as well-produced as Nightwish, which is most definitely a good thing.
t3hplatyz0rz is offline   Reply With Quote