Music Banter - View Single Post - Scissorman's lyrics and music
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 03:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scissorman View Post
So, here's another one

Voices

I told the voices to get out of my head
But they stayed
I told the secrets to get out of my life
They remained
If I keep waiting then for sure I know
Madness will come
If I keep running I know I will
Lose my way home

Hi Scissorman,

I especially liked this faster-paced, shorter song, "Voices." I felt it did a good job showing the racing thoughts of someone hearing voices while going crazy. I liked the overall feeling of the song with its eerie, creepy quality.

I enjoyed the interesting synthesizer sounds (the "bloop, bloop, bloop" sounds...not sure how to describe them!), the beat, and the layering of the singer's faster, lower voice and higher angelic one. I recommend reducing the volume of the higher vocals slightly so that it is easier to understand the lower vocals.

While looking at your lyrics, I had wondered how the near rhymes would sound. I see you use a lot of internal vowel rhymes within words (such as "stayed" and "remained") and visual rhymes (such as "come" and "home"). I felt these help give cohesion to your lyrics. Also, I feel you changed the lyrics enough during the repetitions to avoid them feeling repetitive.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote