Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you still buy physical albums?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 08:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by swim View Post
I buy music at shows because I support bands not record stores that hike up the prices to unreasonable.
Do you think the music you're listening to lends itself to that (no judgment passed)? And would you say that more genres should employ an ethic like that (insert judgment here)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
i am in the "buy a few" group as well. it is strictly because of money, however. back in high school i would save all my lunch money and scavenge food off my friends so that i could buy no less than 2 albums every weekend. then i still had my allowance to go out as well. it was the perfect setup...it felt awesome to build up a collection and i since i spent money on them, i really really studied all the albums. the two albums i bought over the weekend would be played over and over throughout the week since i would only bring those two (maybe a couple others) to school. i miss those days.

now, i have no money. i like rare things that are hard to find around here. so i download. it may cheapen some albums that may otherwise get a really good listen out of me, but i just have to deal with it unfortunately. once i get a decent paying job i plan on going back to buying everything. i consider this a phase.
Be careful with that. You get a full-time job and its gunna eat your soul.

Off-topic: Move east. You can have my job.