Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 05:08 PM   #5221 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
I actually ended up liking Les chansons d'amour, it's a rare example of good music in musicals. Plus, the whole "pansexual" angle really appealed to me (which is why I wouldn't call it neutral, at least in that respect it's quite "edgy"). I guess I'm easy that way. :|
It seems these days, that we only have to put few gay characters in a movie to make it a blockbuster. It all looked too easy. It felt like they were thinking "Hey! Let's make a film with all the characters being bi-sexuals, and we'll get them to juggle their interest!!". It was all too predictable. Btw, I didn't really get where is the "edgy" part?

About the music: all the songs are just examples of cliché French pop. As I grew up in a very French style society, I got quite fed-up with this kind of corny music. The French can be the greatest, music-wise, but when it comes to Pop, they should stop imitating the Americans.
French Folk Rock was certainly the root of all the songs in the film, but this "American Pop" arrangement ruined it. That's without talking about the lyrics... Very bad lyrics: "I want to taste your saliva, and let its poison go through me" or "The worm of the apple may go through your teeth and rot you heart, your mind and your whole body - but the worm in the apple can go through me, and make me ecstatic" or even "Let your tongue strike me gently, let it cleanse my whole body". They should have just shut up.

I think that is the first time I don't side with the gay couple in a film.
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote