Music Banter - View Single Post - Artists I Refuse To Like ....EVER
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 05:07 AM   #505 (permalink)
DiSTANToblivion
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
i refuse to like any generic Indie band that comes out of the woodwork and tries to pass off their songwriting skills using folky vocal harmonies and 'unorthodox' instruments.

...these guys (and 1 girl - i mean they ARE indie bands after all) make me hate indie music even more, even when i know there has to be some good stuff out there. they've turned me off folky acoustic music forever...

how awesome are generalizations?
They're great. Generalizations happen all the time with rap, I couldn't help it. Everything that i've seen and heard is absolute shit. There is no other way around it, they've ruined a whole genre for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
DistantOblivion likes Dream Theater, so...

I refuse to like any generic Prog Metal band that comes out of the woodwork and tries to pass off their lack of ingenuity and creativity with pretentious solos and "technical" ability.

These guys make me hate prog music even more, even when I know there has to be some good stuff out there... they've turned me off of ****ty wank-filled solos forever...
Nice to see you have an opinion on that there. Not that I care but it's nice to see regardless.

...oh and by the way I wasn't generalizing rap. I was saying that those kinds of rappers (i.e. 50 Cent, Soulja Boy etc. etc.) have totally trashed the genre. Making it hard for anyone to take rap seriously unless they look for underground artists that still rap about things I give a crap about.

Last edited by DiSTANToblivion; 02-09-2010 at 08:59 AM.
DiSTANToblivion is offline   Reply With Quote