Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 06:26 AM   #3291 (permalink)
Mancini Scratch
Music Addict

Not able to post Album art at this stage due to lack of activilty as I'm a "Newbie".

The album I'm putting forward here is a Compilation CD from 2003 called "Boudoir Beats". Its in a Jazz/Chillout Vein.

Picked it up second hand and of the 30
something tracks on double CD I'd only heard of a handful of the artists previously.
These are David Holmes, Grooove Armada, Royksopp,
Loose Ends, John Barry, Paul Hardcastle & Primal Scream.

I'll often punt blindly for an album from the second hand stuff available in Charity Shops, Music Stalls etc and this one turned out to be a real good find for me.

I like this kind of discovery as I'll find a song/artist that is new ground for me and I then go on to explore more of their work.

Both Cd's on in this collection include some great new tunes for me.

CD1

Royksopp - Remind Me is a tune (my fave of the collection)
I now love but its probably the only one in my collection that is in this genre. I'd go as far as describing it as "Camp as a row of Tents". Its Ace!

Tracks 14,15,16... all in a row are amazing Funky/Deep Bassy tunes that have been layed on the album in perfet order.
All three have great basslines and the first two especially for me are sexy tunes.

Track 14 - Bushy feat. I K Dell
Track 15 - Max Sedgley - Slowly
Track 16 - Loose Ends - Feel the Vibe

CD2

I've tended to listen to CD 1 most, but from CD 2 I can recommend the following:-

Primal Scream - Star
Custom Blue - So Low
Tiefschwarz - Never
Mancini Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote