Music Banter - View Single Post - 25 Random Facts About You
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 06:26 PM   #476 (permalink)
Nine Black Poppies
Music Addict

Alright, I'll bite.

1. I drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney, but not as much of either as I used to, so I'm fairly unapologetic (and actually proud that I've cut back as much as I have). The only liquor that I've yet tried that I'll actually refuse is Jager. I tend to smoke Spirits because that's what everyone smokes here, it seems.

2. I've lived in 16 houses in 6 cities/states thus far. 12 houses and 4 states have been in the past 7 years.

3. I have the required coursework for an English degree but I do not have an English degree. I also tend to overuse commas and I'm a sucker for the m-dash.

4. The last time I ate meat was 1997 but I still want to smack a lot of the vegetarians/vegans I meet and I miss bacon.

5. I still collect Magic cards and probably will forever, regardless of how dumb it may or may not be/how little I play the actual game.

6. I'm a Virgo with a lot of Sagittarius in my chart. That's actually fairly accurate, as well.

7. I was almost married once. On the one hand, I dodged a bullet; on the other hand, I still regret that it didn't happen.

8. I carry a knife in my purse. I also used to have a broadsword, but it got stolen from my apartment two years ago. I'm still pissed about that.

9. Relatively few photos of me exist, I do not have (nor have I ever had) a Facebook or Myspace and I try to avoid talking on the phone as much as possible. I am quite content with this. It's a (mostly) irrational ...I dunno, thing (antisocial eccentricity?) and I recognize that, but that's how it is.

10. It surprises people that I can fix things, but I'm actually quite handy when I want to be. I just don't want to be most of the time. The exception to that is electrical things--that's fun to work with for some reason.

11. My fastest mile was about 7 minutes (and there's no way in hell I could do that now)--I'm not a runner. But I used to walk 6 miles (round trip) to and from work every day for about a year and I really miss doing that.

12. I'm terrible with money. This has come back to bite me in the ass a lot lately and I'm getting better, but still. Anything remotely financial beyond figuring out a tip just makes my head cramp up. Banks creep me out more than hospitals, largely for this reason.

13. I never knew my dad, but I'd be lost without my mother and I'm fine with admitting that at this point in my life.

14. When forced onto a routine, I can function on a normal schedule just fine. When left to my own devices, I become almost completely nocturnal. I'm also pretty fine with that. I'm not really left to my own devices enough lately.

15. I love swimming, just not in a "let's go to the gym and do laps" kind of way, which is all I've been able to do in the past couple years. When I was a kid, we lived in a complex that had a pool and that was essentially heaven--I was in it every day it was open.

16. I should start drawing again. I go through phases with it--for a while, I'll furiously fill up a few notebooks/folders, then I'll just stop for a while. I do much the same thing with writing.

17. On Myers-Briggs tests I'm always either an INTP or an INFP. Apparently I'm right on the line of F and T, but the other three never waver.

18. The oldest person I've ever dated was born in 1978, the youngest in 1987. My boyfriend now is two years younger than I am.

19. I've ridden an elephant and I remember it being pretty awesome.

20. Technically speaking, I sleep under my bed. I have a loft bed (I had need of it in a very tiny room for a while) but now that I have the space, I put the mattress under it and turned it into a rather excellent canopy instead.

22. It's damn near impossible for me to be totally still. I fidget all the time, toss and turn in my sleep, etc. I'm actually extremely claustrophobic, but only when my movement is restricted--it tends to come up most in crowds.

23. I once quit my job and moved 3000 miles on about a week's notice with nothing but $500 and a suitcase because I felt like getting the hell out of where I was. It was dumb but I'm still kind of proud that I pulled it off.

24. I miss not having cable. I accomplished more when I wasn't constantly watching Law & Order.

25. It was really hard to think of 25 things worth posting. Hm.