Music Banter - View Single Post - The Explain Why You Like This Album ('cause i don't understand) Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 07:09 PM   #435 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

Let's see that discussion ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
Ok you are not starting a thread like this and your first post for it is Loveless????

Now, I know to each his own...but damn, man.

And I know I am now proving your point. But, for shame...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
This makes me sad.

I just don't like it, distorted guitar riffs, where you can't hear the singer or the lyrics. No drums either. It's more a matter of not getting it than hate..

What's the big deal with it? Mediocre at best for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
but i love Loveless so we're even hahaha
Quote:
That's just ONE album. You hate 3 brilliant Smiths albums!

3-1, I will find 2 other albums you love, and hate on them. Just to spite you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I can see where you are coming from...but I still to this day consider Loveless to be the ultimate "I get it!!!" album. I hated it first time I heard it...I heard tiny hints of amazing melodies that I just wanted to be more clear, and nothing was ever as defined as I wanted it to be. But then I got it, I guess. I could all the sudden hear those melodies and loved that he could create them in such a mess of guitars. The music is meant to be heard as a big amorphous sound...the songs are entities within themselves.

Well, you get the idea...I doubt it will change your mind. At least you like the Smiths. You saved yourself on that one.
Quote:
Haha, you may think it won't change my mind, but I continue to listen to albums, with the hope that "I get it!!!", I always believe it to be a bit ignorant to listen to an album once and then dismiss it as bad, if a piece of work has a big fan base, and people really rate it (fans and critics.) There must be something to it?

But at the moment, I don't rate it. A lot of the time, I'll say that, and then a few months later really like it. I make myself look hypocritical a lot, but there's nothing wrong with changing your mind eh.

Yay, I like redemption!
Summarised:
So some albums/bands, are liked, and others aren't, but "to each their own, you know". However, people should keep listening to the album they hated, cause they might just "get it".

I guess that's what happened so far, and will continue to happen...
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote