Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 05:11 AM   #11326 (permalink)
ElephantSack
Man vs. Wild Turkey

Alright, check this out.

The only reason I'm up this early is because my brother woke me up at 6 AM, with the news that my best friend was missing.

To explain this any further, I'm going to have back track a little bit.

My friend Swainy is visiting from New Hampshire (about 1,000 miles north from here), where he just recently got released from federal probation. He's been here about 5 days now, and it's been "drink one day, rest the next" so far, and we've been building up to a Flogging Molly gig at our local venue this Saturday. And last night, we rolled in whiskey drunk with a bottle of Cuervo to the place where my brother's girlfriend was baby-sitting.

So when my brother roused me from my slumber before the sun rose to tell me that my best friend was missing in the cold, I was a little alarmed. So I checked the grounds on foot while my brother made a scan of the locality on wheels. I eventually made it back to the apartment where we had posted ourselves, and my brother showed up shortly thereafter to pick me up. On the ride to our house, I was branded with horrific visions of Swainy frozen to death on the side of the highway, having to explain the situation to his mother, his girlfriend and the police. "I'm sorry, but Swainy's dead." Just doesn't roll off the tongue well. So we got to the house, where we check every bed, every couch, and every floor, until we make it to my room, where we find Swainy in my fuckin' bed with his hand in his fuckin pants!

I'm going to destroy that motherfucker when he wakes up.