Music Banter - View Single Post - An album a year for each year you are alive
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 06:36 PM   #247 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Black Poppies View Post
Are, actually. The couple of songs that have come out on the Teargarden project are just so... I dunno. They're not terrible enough to be really dismissive of--they're actually kind of passable--it's just next to things from 1988-1998, they sound so... limp. Like you just want to pat Billy on his giant bald head and say "Aww, there there." It's sort of depressing.

Not that I won't listen to the whole thing as it comes out, or anything else Corgan does. I have a similar relationship to Siamese Dream (first album I ever got, musical awakening, all that), so it's almost like I kind of have to.
My thoughts exactly. He has even admitted, though, that what he is putting out now is not going to be up to par with his mid nineties output. He said back then he would push himself to the point of nervous breakdowns until every song was absolute perfection in his eyes, but now he feels too old and content with life to be putting himself through it.

Kind of disappointing knowing all the new music is going to just be "meh...i guess..."