Music Banter - View Single Post - VeggieLovers Journey into Lyrics and Poetry
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 12:42 PM   #52 (permalink)
VeggieLover
Music?! Lets boogie!

I actually wrote the verse with "the race we've got to run" before i wrote the one about pain, but I agree with you that the one you know as the "original" fits better.

When i was practicing this song last night, i switched the "yesterday" reference around a little bit... instead of repeating "yesterday my troubles seemed oh so far away," the second time i sang "while i wasn't looking the good times (or maybe beauty?) slipped away" When i sing it, it isn't in the same chord structure or melody as the beatles used, so it isn't as glaring as when it's being read.

And unfortunitely, there was a time when "pins" were involved my learning how to cry. Not the way to go about it, as I quickly learned (though, perhaps not quickly enough). Mostly I just have to constantly remind myself that it's ok to be vulnerable, especially around the people that love me (my parents especially). "learning to cry" has been (and will continue to be) more about learning to communicate and be honest with myself and my family more than anything else.
"Not remotely! Because iocaine comes from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you."
VeggieLover is offline   Reply With Quote