Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Porcupine Tree Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #195 (permalink)
Petula07
♫ Music 'n' Sun ♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppy111 View Post
Trying to get hold of 'Arriving Somewhere' and failing miserably at present, is it worth an online order to anyone who has it?
The sound of this album (do you mean album?) is the same like "Arriving Somewhere" DVD. It's live. I would say voice of Wilson isn't better on live recording than on studio albums but sound of instruments is really cool and great I am happy I have it, I think this is "a must" for all fans.
For you I would recommend to buy DVD, you have the audio and video together.

Do you have some live albums of PT? If not, you should definitelly try.

Two live albums Coma Divine (older stuff) + Warszawa (newer stuff with great live version of Russia on Ice) - they are official, you can buy them for sure.

Other really good live albums are XM I and XM II - mostly songs from Deadwing and In Absentia.

We Lost the Skyline
- special acoustic live album - only S. Wilson with guitar and John Wesley, without band. This album has some classic tracks like Trains, Lazarus, Even less, Waiting... If you like Wilson and his voice, it's really interesting album - you can try acoustic sound of PT song and it's different than sound of band.

Here two examples from this album...

Some talking and song Normal (acoustic - I love this version - better than studio version, in my opinion)

The Sky moves sideways

Hehe, I always love when I compare these acoustic slow songs with some metal riffs - for example song Futile from EP Futile It's so different but still the same band - amazing!

(Btw Futile is one of my favourite EPs by PT, it has track Futile and instrumental song Orchidia is also fantastic. Other songs you know from studio albums.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Holy sh*t, I'm impressed, he really kicked Mikael's ass too. Poor guy.
Yes, Mikael looks with Wilson like a small boy with a teacher But it's cool and funny video, isn't it?!

Last edited by Petula07; 03-20-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Petula07 is offline   Reply With Quote