Music Banter - View Single Post - right wing punk?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 09:45 PM   #144 (permalink)
fairborn420
Groupie

Just want to point out a couple things. First, I dont believe for one second that any teacher taught that blacks immigrated here and became slaves voluntarily. Unless this person went to school in the 1800s, I think that was completely made up.. Also, alot of blacks owned slaves themselves. In fact, blacks were slaves in Africa, owned by other blacks, long before white folks got involved. Doesnt make it right, Im just sayin.

I dont think anyone is trying to argue that slavery was right or that it didnt have a great impact on future blacks. However, I find it very odd that immediatley following slavery there were ex slaves that did well for themselves. Owned property etc.. Also, they generally were very family oriented and spiritual. Now 100+ years after the end of slavery the black community is in shambles. Dont you think that over time the situation for blacks should have gotten considerably better, not worse? What we have here, and its not just on the part of blacks, is a society that wants everything handed to them. They dont want to take responsibility for themselves or work hard to achieve. They want to cry about past wrong doings and make claims that someone, or everyone owes them something.

Everyone should read the book "black rednecks, white liberals" by Dr. Thomas Sowell.