Music Banter - View Single Post - The Girly Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 04:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TumorAttitude View Post
To start off, my mom told me she wished I would "dress better". I guess she means more expensive, i.e. stop wearing stuff from Goodwill. Where do you guys buy your clothes? Links, please.
What's the point of getting more expensive clothes if you can get them for less and in fairly good condition used?

As a vegan, I don't much care for hunting for anything, including clothes, but occasionally will go...and my favorite hunting grounds are Goodwill. I like clothes with a history. Plus, the clothes are cheap and sometimes you even find some new ones with the tags still on them.

Recommendation: wash all the Goodwill clothes in hot water to kill off lice before wearing them!!

I go to Boutique "Tarjay" (Target) to purchase my 100% cotton socks and underwear new and fresh. As for outerwear at Target, I usually wait for the sales until you are looking at racks of really weird clothes no one else wanted, each item marked down to around 1/4th of the original cost. I can rarely bring myself to pay full price for clothes.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"