Music Banter - View Single Post - This I Believe There is / is not a God
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 01:59 PM   #516 (permalink)
Daktari
Music Addict

Location: Originally from Lancashire, England, lived near Largs, Scotland and now live in Rocky Face, Georgia

Hi there,

Just came across this thread so I have not had time to wade through the whole 50 odd pages so here's my simple, (and to me anyway), satisfactory explanation:

'GOD' in one form or another must be around otherwise this thread would not be here in the first place.

For me, 'GOD' is the word we use to fill the huge void that none of us are really big enough to fully understand. 'GOD' is the energy, the potential for life in it's many forms that as always been and always will be. There as never been a time when this potential did not exist and there will never be a time when it does not exist. Being able to truly accept that is the hardest, but most important thing.

Our time here is just way smaller and shorter than the piddliest tiny thing you can imagine compared to what is behind us and what is in front of us both in space and time.

I would say I'm a spiritual person who appreciates my time here on this Earth and yes, I do believe in what we seem to call 'GOD'.

However, my own feelings and experience tell me that 'GOD' is not a being but is in fact everything. We are part of this and because we have brains we tend to think 'GOD' is like us.. -Typical ! The truth is, man kind is not prepared to take on the responsibility and so we created something, a father figure to take all that away. Just part of the human nature I guess.

Wow, it must be Friday!

Have a great weekend ya,ll. Peace and love to almost everyone.. just joking,-everyone then.

Gordon.
Daktari is offline   Reply With Quote