Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 12:39 PM   #191 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
Yayy for lyrics!
I love love love the song.
And these are my two favourite parts:

This part had the strongest emotional appeal:

This part was cute and I like the play on words:
I'm glad you liked "Evergreen," AwwSugar! I thought you'd think the play on words was just silly rather than cute...maybe you are being charitable ...but I'm happy you thought it was cute.

I also liked the lines about trying to let go graciously of expectations. IT ISN'T EASY TO DO, IS IT!!!!!!! Those lines probably summarize my whole point of the song: being able to let go and move on even when it is hard to. I was hoping that you'd at least like the overall meaning of the song. Plus, the person being sung to is gender-neutral. I wanted to be sure of that! And I tried to avoid rhyming absolutely everything.

Of course, if you had despised the lyrics that would be okay, because I think you'd still know that I had the intention of trying to make something you'd like...and you'd appreciate that. I've always liked your honesty and constructive criticism...you aren't afraid to say what you really feel about music...and I never take your criticism personally.

<3 and =@

EDIT: I see you are still using "favourite." If we ever get you back from across the ocean, you'll be using this for life, I think!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 03-30-2010 at 12:52 PM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote