Music Banter - View Single Post - Is a Computer an Instrument?
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 12:02 PM   #88 (permalink)
lucifer_sam
Unrepentant Ass-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
I've kept out of this discussion for sometime hoping the fog might clear.

You have got back to the point that I mentioned about eight pages ago. A workstation keyboard is designed specifically to play music and produce music. A guitar and a saxophone or piano, etc... also fall into this same grouping that we call musical instruments.

Ok, a comuter can be used to play and create music, no argument there. However, they are not not designed specifically to play music, it is more of a utilitarian 'jack of all trades' tool and in our world of labels is not a true musical instrument.

All this intelectual crap about context and labels is just getting in the way of something that is really simple and resulted in some of the most stupid bull***t I've ever heard, really. Some folks started disapearing up their own bottoms they were trying to be soooo clever,ha,ha..

As mentioned earlier, what does it matter? If someone uses a computer to make music and they see it as their musical instrument, good for them, no harm done by them being mistaken....

< Spot the odd one out. Correct, a microphone is also not a musical instrument.

Have a great weekend and a Happy Easter, Gordon.
It's internet argument.

You don't have to address the entire argument, you don't even have to address the original post, but defeat one part of it and you've won the entire thing. Relevance matters very little.

And when all else fails, use existential philosophy to explain your complete lack of sense.