Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 10:38 PM   #2518 (permalink)
Gavin B.
Model Worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
He's also listing a number of bands who haven't been nominated yet, despite the fact that he himself hasn't been bothered to nominate any of them.
Fact Check: I nominated and wrote the nomination post for Bob Marley who was inducted last year. I'd do more nominations but I think forum members should also have a chance to nominate their favorites even if I end up voting against them. I apologize if my musical taste isn't a mirror of your own tastes.

I've been in the forum a year and I've done 1 of the 18 nominations which is more than my share. I'll probably make another one during my second year but I'm not about to sandbag the forum with a flood of nominations because that that would make me an ill mannered troll, wouldn't it?

I'm not sure why I'm getting backlash for posting my honest opinion on a thread where my honest opinion was asked for. I even got an email from a forum moderator asking me to post on the CCR nomination. I'm at a loss to understand what's behind that distainful attitude of yours. Am I not entitled to express my own honest opinion as a forum member?

I don't harbor any ill will toward you nor do I feel morally superior to anyone else in this forum. I'm a member of this forum to share and discuss music. I'm not sure why you're here but if you need to pass judgement on my to validate yourself, at least have your facts straight before you post your verdict.

If you want to discuss music then do so, but posting an emoticon with rolling eyes and insinuating that I have some sort of personality disorder isn't discussing music.