Music Banter - View Single Post - Aussie Hip Hop
Thread: Aussie Hip Hop
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 01:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
Captain Awesome
On A Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
Consider the source, bear. I'm always a little suspicious when, say, an Australian tells America what the deal is with a medium it created.
If you're trying to imply I'm australian, you're wrong. And if you're trying to imply america created rap music, you're wrong.

So well done on posting something that is 100% wrong and has no truth to it at all.

Even if america did create rap music (which they didn't) that wouldn't mean they know what's best for it, they pretty much raped the entire hip hop culture over the last decade and it's just gotten worse. They lost their way, they forgot what it's all about. They turned it into an industry and were blinded by the high life. There's so few spitters I rate in america now, it's really sad.

And hip hop is universal, it doesn't belong to one country no matter how ****ing superior america thinks it is to the world. You can find good rappers all across the world, I'm betting every country in the world has at least one good rapper even if you've never heard of him/her.

"that flash of magic, with an imagination to match it,
so catch it, it's classic, but it will not be contained,
in an industry man made, 'cause it runs through my veins,"

a nice little aussie rap quote for you.

"If we're all merely players in a play on this great stage,
the problem is the script writers ain't on the same page,
I echo through the mountain when I'm singing in the air,
from my lab a lad with lavish lyrics living in his lair."

"Wake up and listen, hear what's not for the public's ears
Pinocchio poets played by profiting puppeteers"
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote