Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Most Important Albums To You
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #372 (permalink)
snagglepuss
Music Addict

I can't really put these in any order, or i'll be here all night! So I'll just list 'em.

Hotel California~Eagles This was the only good album that I had available to listen to at my first job-- an amusement park gift shop called Rock n' Roll Revue!

Meddle~Pink Floyd This was my first foray into the early works of the Floyd. It was so pastoral and so different from all the mainstream stuff. Echoes just sucked me in.

Katy Lied~Steely Dan The Dan have such a groove going on in this album. Super jazzy, lounge lizard music! I love a lot of their albums but this is the one i can listen to from beginning to end without skipping any songs.

BarnStorm~Joe Walsh Most people don't understand the greatness of Joe. He has a way of combining classical infulences with hard driving, groove ridden, guitar rock.

Portishead~Portishead I don't noramlly listen to Trip-hop, but this album is hauntingly stunning. Highly Reccommended.

Metallica~...And Justice For All I hated this when it first came out. But now I can't live without those punishing guitar riffs!

The Who~Sell Out This album is not just music, it's an experience. I love the "commercials" between songs. The best song is Rael, parts of which were used on the Tommy album in Sparks.

Best of~ Van Morrison I know best of albums are a cop out but it was this one that really got me into the soul of Van Morrison. From there I got Astral Weeks, and Moondance. Also it has a super moving version of Wonderful Remark, which I like better than the original.

Thriller~Michael Jackson I was a little kid when this came out and It was one of those albums that stayed with me for years. Brilliant!

Leo Kottke~6 and 12 String Guitar This was my first introduction to Leo. Amazing guitarist. I was hooked the first time I heard it.
snagglepuss is offline   Reply With Quote