Music Banter - View Single Post - Current Bands we will be talking about in 25yrs
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #200 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
That's pretty much what I was getting at. So regardless of how the music sounds, aside from the genre 'Christian rock', you're mostly turned off by the lyrical content?

I know of bands who, when I was told were Christian/some other religion, I was surprised. Take MewithoutYou, for instance. I wouldn't guess they were religious by lyric alone. While that's only an example, the point I'm making is how religious does it have to be for you to not like it?

Just curious.
Just when it gets really preachy. I'm not sure I want to start a religious debate or anything...so sorry beforehand if I am getting offensive.

I can handle bands where the lyrics are still poetic and I can attach my own personal meaning to it. When they start directly talking about god, jesus, the bible...etc...that's when I find it hard to listen to it. Not that I would bash people who follow those beliefs, I just find it hard to listen to music that I don't personally agree with.

But Christian rock really annoys me and aside from the content, it tells me how bad a person's music taste is.