Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 08:52 PM   #2053 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneHugo View Post
If anyone writes a genre off because many of its artists aren't original, they're dumb.

Nu metal is boring, skilless garbage. It all sounds exactly the same and the sound is terrible. It's annoying. It's repetitive in a bad way. I've never heard a nu metal song I like.
ok, i can why you don't like it, but on my side of the fence i enjoy the main groove of the songs combined with the hard hitting instrumentation. while you may see that as "boring" i see it as something i can really move to, in a way a kind of heavy funk music.

as for how it's "skilless", i say it's not so much what you have, but how you use it. there's plenty of musicians who have skill up to their eyeballs, but squander it in meaningless shred-fests and overblown displays of technicality. not saying that there aren't people with alot of skill who can really make music, just that i'm not too picky on skill levels as long as the musicians can take what they have and make it entertaining.

but yeah, not sayng you have to like nu-metal or anything. there's music that doesn't appeal to me, but i still can get why others like it*cough* classical *cough*

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote