Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Most Important Albums To You
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 09:00 PM   #377 (permalink)
Mancini Scratch
Music Addict

The Specials - The Specials
Was the first time I felt the power of the lyrics and how it reflected life at the time as I saw it. Tracks "Too Much too Young", "Concrete Jungle", "Doesn't Make it alright" & others. Interestingly 30 years on the lyrics are still reflective in much of day to day life now.

Bob Marley - Survival
I'd only really heard commercial reggae at the time as sweet as it still is but Survival opened me up to more harder/rootsy Reggae music

Frank Zappa & Mothers - Were only in it for the money.
My Dads album originally (long time passed on to me) was the first Trippy album I listened to. As a Kid I felt it Strange, Scary, Funny, Brilliant, ****, ***, and inventive. Today I see it the same.

Oasis - Definately Maybe
On first listen every single track hit the mark. I still enjoy each of the tracks equally. A wonderful debut that kinda gave British Rock a new lease of life. It was Rock n Roll.

The Beatles - 1962 - 1966
All their early hits on one double album helped me see how they progressed as pop stars and inspired a lasting love in me for pop music, which has since receded due to maturity.

Pink Floyd - Wish you were Here.
An outstanding album and one that includes "Shine on You Crazy Diamond". What an experience. I'll never forget how I felt whilst stoned lay on my floor in my flat as a teenager with the Speakers next to my ears like gigantic Headphones coming into my head. A Haze.

on the subject of Haze...

Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are you Experienced.
An early introduction for me as to how an Electric Guitar can be played by some people. An electric journey with just a squeeze of trippiness. From this I got right into Jimi & Co.

Blancmange - Happy Families
I became a fan of the Duo for about short while. Away from the guitars they gave my musical journey a new direction. I met them and both band members signed all my records and were lovely guys. They put us both on Guest list for Manchester Apollo Gig in early 80's. Top fellers. This is a treasured album although I don't listen to it much now.

The Tarrantino Connection - Compilation Soundtrack Album
Love his films and as a Selecter his tunes in those films always please. So much variety on this album.

Love - Forever Changes
This album allows me to drift into hippydom anytime I play it. I love it.
Mancini Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote