Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #2060 (permalink)
OctaneHugo
Goes back & does it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
ok, i can why you don't like it, but on my side of the fence i enjoy the main groove of the songs combined with the hard hitting instrumentation. while you may see that as "boring" i see it as something i can really move to, in a way a kind of heavy funk music.
I'm all for grooves but every nu metal song I've heard either doesn't have any real groove or a terrible one. And then they have all that heavy bullshi‎t going on in the background and it just doesn't work at all.

Quote:
as for how it's "skilless", i say it's not so much what you have, but how you use it. there's plenty of musicians who have skill up to their eyeballs, but squander it in meaningless shred-fests and overblown displays of technicality. not saying that there aren't people with alot of skill who can really make music, just that i'm not too picky on skill levels as long as the musicians can take what they have and make it entertaining.
Yeah, but 95% of talentless musicians make terrible music with the other 5% maybe doing something interesting.

Quote:
but yeah, not sayng you have to like nu-metal or anything. there's music that doesn't appeal to me, but i still can get why others like it*cough* classical *cough*
Def. I rarely try to sway one's musical tastes covering entire genres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
Wait, so it's dumb to write off a genre because many of its artists aren't original, but it's ok to write one off as boring, skilless garbage?
Cause originality = awesome, right? So, like, Merzbow is the greatest isn't he?

If Any Major Dude Has Yet To Tell You, Click Here
OctaneHugo is offline   Reply With Quote