Music Banter - View Single Post - UK General Election
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 06:49 AM   #43 (permalink)
littleknowitall
Pow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingpig437 View Post
a well paid career that anyone has the chance to pursue.
True and I'm not disputing that anyone has the right to pursue it I'm merely pointing out that statistically the better educated are going to be from higher paid families and people in the upper classes are always going to get into the private schools and more so schools that might be ladders to this particular career path and also that those people aren't necessarily going to have experienced life in a way in which allows them to see insight into the struggle of the working man.
My point more so is that this of course allows people to see it as a career path rather than a public service not necessarily all the time but if we look at it realistically the majority of the time, I think the expenses scandal gave us insight into just how much respect politicians have for the struggling working class family in the midst of the recession when they clearly, without regard squandered large amounts of tax payers money for their own comfort.

But hey, if you want to argue that a steady stream of honest and hard working individuals from all walks of life have the same opportunity to walk into politics and run this country and further more do so then I look forward to reading what you have to say to sway my opinions of most politicians.
littleknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote