Music Banter - View Single Post - Miracles!!
Thread: Miracles!!
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 06:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
Sorry to hear that Dave.
I'm not sure where you're from...are you aware of the Liverpool Care Plan?
i'm in Canada, hadn't heard of the LCP but it sounds similar to the setup available here. my maternal family all lives within about a half hour drive from each other aside from myself and like 3 other cousins so they're just as involved with her care as the professionals. it's like my mom tells me, even though the family has known it was coming for years you're never really ready when it finally happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA
I hear survivors of great traumatic events say their survival was a "miracle" but I can't forget all those who weren't saved.

If there were a supernatural power behind rare natural events that people perceive as miracles, why wouldn't such a supernatural power dispense miracles right and left? If I could work miracles to save people, I'd be doing that all the time!
i obviously disagree since this was my earlier example, but... i don't buy the idea that it's an external supernatural power. to me it's a cop out, a denial of the power of the human spirit. then again i refuse to believe that my life and existence is limited to the physical body i inhabit. the miracle in my eyes is that the individual is able to disconnect and reattach themselves to their physical bodies once the trauma has passed.

or maybe i'm reading too much into the similarities between the words miracle and mirage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote