Music Banter - View Single Post - The depth of the mind can surprise...
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 01:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I said true accord because it was a positive move for me, "in true accord I lose myself" means to finally let go of the pressures of life, and think about it for what it really could be.
Oh! I see now what you meant by losing yourself in a good way.

Quote:
I am in a time in my life where I am really self reflective. I have such big struggles with my emotions such as I let others opinions in when I shouldn't. I'm trying to build a bit more confidence in myself, I want to make a life for myself that I want and it's a slow process. But in saying that, this is why I love writing poetry so much. No matter how awful you feel, how hurt, how terrified, writing it down into words really brings it out into the open to deal with. I always feel better afterwards.

Thank you very much for analysing my poems, it's really good to hear others perspectives as everyone looks at poetry in different ways.
I agree it is hard to ignore others' expectations and instead work toward what one wants and values. I remember when I decided not to continue in my Ph.D. program after I realized the research area didn't interest me and I felt no passion for it. I disappointed my major professors, but...it...felt...sooooo....GOOD...to get out with a masters instead of slogging through 3 more years of mentally exhausting lab research. After making the decision, I really did feel like a burden had been lifted from me. It felt nice to be the one lifting it off.

I love writing poetry for much the same reason, Vanilla. Thanks for sharing what's going on in your life that inspired your poems.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote