Music Banter - View Single Post - The New American Songbook.
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 12:48 AM   #19 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
Before Mr. Dave disowns me
thanks

as for my own i'm going to trim my initial considerations.

RHCP - Under the Bridge - while it may not have been covered all over the place yet i do believe it could have the longevity. especially as we move towards a more urbanized society and distance ourselves more and more from ourselves.

Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm - a classic musing about being forced to grow old before one is ready. again with the way the world seems to be going it becomes a more and more common theme in many peoples lives.

Jane's Addiction - Jane Says - she's never been in love, she don't know what love is, she only knows when someone wants her.... if you can't relate i wonder if you've ever really met another person before.

QOTSA - Go with the Flow - while the pummeling rhythm the Queens perform this with definitely adds to the impact of the song it's the lyrics that really make it substantial, it could easily be stripped down to an acoustic with a voice and the emotion wouldn't change you're still left wondering about the one that got away while looking out for the one around the corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote