Music Banter - View Single Post - Why Are Women So Attracted To Musicians?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 09:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogey_j View Post
my girl left me for some singer-songwriter douchebag. I'm a musician too but this guy actually gets paid for his music

I hate that guy so much, it pisses me off. This cant be life
bogey, I can understand you feeling angry because it is a blow to feel you weren't wanted as much as someone else was...and maybe it makes you think your music wasn't as good as his (?), and makes you question your judgement in picking people to be with.

However, would you want someone to stay with you (her second choice) if she really wanted to be with someone else? I think that given how she felt, the best thing she could do was to leave so that you didn't spend more of your life with someone who wasn't willing or able to devote herself to you.

I know of a couple who have 2 teenage children, and suddenly out of the blue the woman tells the husband, "I don't think I ever loved you," so they get divorced and she marries someone she met at work. Now THAT is bad. If she had left early on, it may have been much better for the man...though once there are kids, most parents never wish to negate them.

Of course, it would have been nicer if you had met someone who wanted to be with *you*...and so that's sad, bogey, that this didn't happen this time around. This *is* how life is, unfortunately.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote