Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #2451 (permalink)
Live Forever
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
i know you're being sarcastic, but i'm not when i say Oasis was cliched and generic. a handful of good singles does not make a great band.

MJ has become a necessary name to drop since he died and only because he died unnaturally. it was a challenge to find someone to speak relatively positively about him prior to his passing besides the kind of obsessed fans who've been with him forever and who didn't actually listen to anything else that wasn't spoken from the lips of their God.

Prince has never actually done a single thing for me.

Vampire Weekend and Gwen Stefani - AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA VW sounds like so many other pop punk bands that have come and gone only with even less edge and Gwen Stefani on her own is total rubbish. which was quite disappointing to see her play the pretty pop princess game for dollars rather than sticking to her guns the way she used to in No Doubt.
I brought up the fact that I mentioned those artists to debunk your idea that I think anything that isn't British and from the 60's-70's must be terrible. So there's -1 in your favor.

Hey listen, it's not my fault that every popular musician that dies because a bit of a 'trump card' for a few years after their death. I love Michael Jackson's music, and always have... memories of watching the Moonwalker film with the white suit, fighting gangsters, etc. from childhood. To this day I think you can put on almost any of his albums in a club and the night is set. That's my opinion plain and simple. I brought him up not to play a trump card, but as example of some 1980's music I like despite generally despising that decade and what it stood for. Excess and poor cliched production. As I said, **** the '80's. But I like Michael.

Prince is great, in my opinion. That is all on that.

Again Vampire Weekend and Gwen Stefani (an artist that I never defend career-wise, just that song) were brought up to once again debunk your UK/60s-70s nonsense.
Live Forever is offline   Reply With Quote